Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Why do people have to suck?


Subject : Why do people have to suck?
Posted Date: : May 5, 2007 2:02 PM
Current mood:sad
When did we stop caring about each other and each other's feelings?  When did having friends become over-rated?  When did attempting to do something good and trying to make a difference in people's lives become a nuisance?  I don't get it, I really don't, in the past few months I have made several attempts to make friends locally and nationally, I have really tried to reach out to people and for the most part every single attempt has been shot down, there is no recognition and very little desire from anyone around me to make the same effort.  When I was younger I had so many friends and we were all willing to open our hearts to one another and give each other time and attention, hell I even knew all of my neighbors.  Over the years I've noticed some disturbing changes; nowadays people live next door to each other for years and don't even know one another.  Some one gets attacked or killed in plain view and no one sees anything.  As human beings we are a social animal but you wouldn't know that by looking at those around us.  I have lived in PA for over 7 years and I can name the people who I can actually call friend, locally, on one hand and that is really sad because it is not this way because I haven't tried.  The only benefit that I look for in any friend is honesty and the ability to have that person as my friend, but that is just not how people work these days!  It's almost like if a person can't gain something other than just friendship from another person then it is not even worth the effort to even attempt a friendship and that really sucks.  When I was in school, I graduated a couple of months ago, the only people who were supposedly my friends where those people who needed me to help them pass the course and now I don't see or hear from them anymore.  The fact of the matter is that even though I am really disappointed right now and blowing off some steam, I really do like people and I really do love having friends and the fact that I have so very few at this point in my life is a very sad thing.  I am a lesbian and at one point in my life that meant you were part of a sisterhood of sorts and there was always a group of beautiful people there willing to bring you into their family and that is what we called each other 'family'.  Up until about 1995, no matter where I lived, in or out of the closet, I was always part of a great group of people, sure different regions meant different people but there was always a group there to welcome you and nowadays that unity just doesn't exist anymore.  Are we so busy and wrapped up in ourselves that we can't even take the time to make a new friend?  I hope and pray that one day we can all learn to take the time to reach out to someone new and make a friend.  Trust me when I say that having the right friends and true friends can be so healing.  If anyone who actually gives a shit is reading this and you want a new friend, I am here, I am open, and I am willing to make the effort if you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment